THE ROUTE

THE ROUTE

Monday, June 24, 2024

Day 12

Rest Day

“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.“ Anne Lamott

Today was a vacation from an our pilgrimage. We got up late, went to a museum, walked along the lake, sat outside our favorite Östersund pub (Winston), and had a fabulous meal at the best restaurant in town, Jazzköket. If you are ever in Östersund I highly recommend it. They even have the best Gin and Tonic in the world, according to them. I had one. It was really good but… 

Me and the G&T

After dinner Kristine faded on me so I had to go back to Winston for my nightcap alone. Jacob was sad Kristine didn’t make it but happily served me an Oban 14. I will miss Jacob. 

Here are some photos from the last several days that didn’t fit into my story lines. 
This is a common color scheme but this barn showed it better than most. 

I’m sure this counts as a miracle. Someone cut this tree and St.Olav appeared. 

This is an ant hill. This is a medium sized one. We have seen them 3-4 feet tall and 5 feet across. 

This is how they do fences. I haven’t figured out why but you see them everywhere. 

Technically this is not an abandoned bathtub so it doesn’t count for the tally. 

Tomorrow we are back on the path. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Epilogue

Trondheim was a wonderful place to decompress. After our triumphant arrival at the Cathedral we made our way to the hotel for long hot showe...